Teriyaki Game Hen
1 cornish game hen, frozen
1 cup brown rice
20 baby carrots
1 large garlic tooth, minced
2 cups water
2 T honey
2 T soy sauce
2 tsp dijon mustard
Rinse the game hen in warm water. Place the game hen in the middle of a crock pot. Surround the hen with the garlic, carrots and rice. Add the water to the side of the hen. Pour the honey, soy sauce and mustard over the top of the hen. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Banana’s notes:
I was not going to publish this recipe, but Noj just loved it. The glaze gave the rice and carrots a great flavor. We had no left-overs. With this meal, we also each had one artichoke and a slice of homemade bread with honey. (Watch for whole wheat bread recipe soon.)
You can put 2 or 3 more hens in the pot with the same amount of rice to serve more people. You can also add more carrots or double the whole recipe. ---And in case anyone was wondering, I didn’t count out the carrots, that’s just an estimation.

2 Comments:
Request: Three cheese lasagne
Cardine,
Thanks for the request. I will look for my old recipe, but, as you know, I will not make up a new one now. No dairy for a while. Three cheese lasagne was my specialty in college. All my friends would ask for it.
Post a Comment
<< Home