Wednesday, March 21, 2007

20- minute Tacos

1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 can (8 oz) black beans, drained
chopped lettus
shredded cheese
salsa
6-8 small corn tortillas
cooking oil

Add a small amount of oil to pan and heat to medium. Add chopped onion and pepper, stirring about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and break up meat and cook until beef is brown, stirring occasionally. Mix in corn and beans. Cover and simmer on low for 5 minutes. Add a small amount of oil to a separate pan and heat to medium-low heat. Rub oil (sparingly) on all surfaces of corn tortillas. Add to new pan and warm until flexible. To make tacos: Add meat mixture to middle of corn tortilla. Pour on desired amount of salsa, lettus and cheese. Fold in half and enjoy.

Banana's Notes:
Also add green onions, diced tomatoes and olives to the top of your taco. Just put what ever sounds good to you on them. I really did make these tacos in 20 minutes. The beef was frozen when I began, too. The only cheese I had at the time was parmesean. It was great, but I'm sure cheddar or colby would work, as well.

1 Comments:

At May 02, 2007 9:12 PM, Blogger banana said...

I also sometimes steam the tortillas just until warm and to make them flexible enough to fold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home