Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Tomato French Bread

1 loaf french bread
2 large tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
olive oil
1 tsp. basil

Cut french bread in half, length-wise, sprinkle with olive oil and broil just until light brown. Dice tomatoes, mash garlic and combine with 2 T. olive oil and basil. Spread over the surface of the french bread and return to the broil about two minutes. Slice into segments and serve as an appetizer or with your favorite italian dinner.

Banana's Notes
I sometimes substitue Newmans' Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing for the 2 T. Olive Oil in this recipe. It adds a fun flavor to the bread. Newman's is the only dressing I've found without added preservatives. I use it on everything!

2 Comments:

At September 07, 2006 1:15 PM, Blogger Cardine said...

Sounds tasty. I was surprised to see a new entry from you during this busy time!

 
At September 12, 2006 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds appealing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home