Monday, April 02, 2007

Honey Sweetened Cheese Cake

Crust:
1 1/2 cups honey and molasses sweetened graham crackers, rolled fine
6 T. sunflower oil

Filling:
3 packages cream cheese
8 T. honey
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 T. fresh-squeezed lemon juice

Topping:
1 pint sour cream
2 T. honey
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Crush crackers into fine pieces. Mix thoroughly with oil in a mixing bowl. Press firmly into the bottom and part-way up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.

In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add honey one tablespoon at a time, mixing with each addition. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly. Pour into crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. While cheese cake is baking, prepare topping.

In a small mixing bowl, whip sour cream. Mix in honey and vanilla. When cheese cake is done baking, pour over the top of the cake and bake 5 more minutes at 500 degrees F. Allow to cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with fresh or frozen (thawed) fruit.

Banana's Notes:
When measuring the honey, use the same tablespoon as the one you used for the oil. It prevents the honey from sticking and staying in the measuring spoon. I also substitute stevia extract (1/2 tsp.) in place of the honey in the topping (only). I think it blends better with the sour cream.

Very yummy!!! Enjoy.

6 Comments:

At April 03, 2007 10:04 AM, Blogger Cardine said...

Yay! Thank you. I was wanting this recipe.

 
At April 16, 2007 5:31 PM, Blogger banana said...

I thought you would be excited to see this recipe, Cardine.

 
At April 18, 2007 3:59 PM, Blogger Cardine said...

Do you sweeten the graham crackers yourself or do you buy them that way?

 
At April 18, 2007 6:03 PM, Blogger banana said...

I buy them with only honey and molasses. They come that way. I use the brand, Mi-Del.

 
At April 26, 2007 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is very yummy. I just can't eat a whole lot of it or I get a tummy ache. Maybe my lactose intolerance affects my enjoyment of cheesecake as well as ice cream. ...

 
At May 14, 2007 6:58 PM, Blogger Cardine said...

Happy birthday yesterday, banana!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home