Nutty Curry
2 large carrots, sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch squares
1 large onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 zucchini squash, sliced
1/2 cup snow peas, ends trimmed and cut in half
1 can coconut milk
1/3 cup almond butter
cooking oil (I used coconut oil)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 T. curry powder (or to taste)
1/4 tsp. cayenne powder (or to taste)
Heat oil to medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Add carrot, pepper, onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes or until just beginning to get tender. Add squash and snow peas. Saute 2-3 minutes or until all vegetables are cooked through.
Stir in coconut milk and almond butter, adding water to obtain desired thickness of sauce. Season with salt, garlic powder, curry and cayenne. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Let sit for 2 minutes before serving.
Serve over rice.
Banana's Notes
I also add some honey, but that is optional.
Try making this with your own favorite vegetables. I sometimes also add bamboo shoots, potatoes, cauliflower (or broccoli), green peppers, cilantro, wilted spinach, green onion, asparagus or whatever I can find in the house.
Also great with meat such as chicken, venison or beef.

1 Comments:
Sounds tasty, Banana. What I really want is your asparagus with boiled eggs and hollandaise. I looked for it on your recipe index and couldn't find it. Can you post it or direct me to it?
Post a Comment
<< Home