Spinach Strawberry Salad with Yogurt Dressing
1/3 bag baby spinach, washed and dried
1/4 cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 green onions, sliced diagonally
1 T. shreaded jicama
3 large strawberries, cut into small pieces
Dressing:
2 T. strawberry yogurt
1 tsp. honey
1/4 tsp. poppy seeds
1 T. salad oil
Banana's Notes
I made this salad for Cardine tonight. It was a hit, so I decided to blog it.
6 Comments:
The yogurt really made the dressing, I think.
A little lemon juice might go well in this dressing, too!
Glad you liked it, Cardine.
I have issues mixing fruits with vegetables in the same dish (see also: V-8 Splash). How problematic would this dish be for someone with my issue?
Cash,
I didn't know you had issues with mixing fruits and vegetables. I also don't enjoy V-8 splash, but I like fruit in my salad.
You don't count tomatoes on that list, do you?
No, tomatoes are fine in salads, of course. Oranges in salads have always seemed a little out of place, and that's a really common entry. Sometimes even apples seem weird. Raisins, too. It's not that I won't it eat -- they're just issues. Like pineapple on pizza. Boy, is that an issue for me.
Maybe just leave the strawberries out of the salad if you don't mind the fruit flavor & yogurt in the dressing.
Post a Comment
<< Home