Blue Cheese Toast (appetizer)
12 pieces of specialty bread
Blue Cheese Dressing
4 green onions, diced with tops
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 small Anaheim pepper, sliced thin
Cheddar or Colby cheese, shredded
Spread dressing on each bread slice. Place bread slices on a cookie sheet. Add onions, tomatoes and peppers evenly on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil for 5 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Makes 12 slices.
Banana's Notes
I use Lighthouse variety of Blue Cheese Dressing (No MSG). The Anaheim pepper has a stronger and spicier flavor than a regular bell pepper. It really gives this dish a great kick. Great for parties or get-togethers.

2 Comments:
What, exactly, is specialty bread? Is it a baguette?
You can use any sliced bread that isn't made for sandwhiches. I use sliced English-muffin-bread that is sold at my grocery store, or I just slice french bread. Walmart bakery makes whole wheat french bread that works nicely.
Thanks for commenting!
Post a Comment
<< Home