Vegetarian Chili
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 cup frozen corn
4 cloves garlic, diced
2 cans whole tomatoes, drained and cut
1 sm. can green chiles
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can small red beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups prepared tomato soup
1 can Amy's Lentil Vegetable Soup
salt
garlic powder
onion powder
cayenne pepper powder
basil
In a large soup pot, saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in a small amount of olive oil until tender. Add corn and the can ingredients, stir thoroughly. Heat on medium until bubbles start to form. Add seasonings, stirring well. Reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and cheese or sour cream.
Banana's Notes
This is one of those recipes that I make all the time, so I am surprised that I haven't put it on the blog, yet. I use variations, based on what I have in the house at the time.
For seasoning amounts, add more cayenne if you like it spicey. Also, I put about 1 tsp. salt, but sometimes I feel like it needs more.
The best types of soups to add are non-condensed. Look for the types that don't add MSG. I used Imagine Fire-Roasted-Tomato soup. It comes in a box, and I found it at the health food store. I've also used Amy's Chunky-Tomato-Bisque. The later has cream added to it, FYI.
I also sometimes add carrots and/or red pepper and/or green beans and/or any other vegetable I have in the house.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home