Monday, August 11, 2008

Blueberry French Toast

10 pieces whole grain bread
4 eggs
½ cup milk
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ½ cups fresh or partially thawed frozen blueberries
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons melted butter or sunflower oil

Combine the blueberries, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. Spread evenly in a single layer inside a buttered 9x13-inch baking dish.

Whisk the eggs, milk, baking powder and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Dip the bread in the egg mixture and turn to coat. Place each slice of bread over the blueberries. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the top of the bread. Brush with melted butter.

Bake at 450 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Banana's Notes
You might need to cut the bread into smaller pieces to fit it in the pan.

2 Comments:

At August 11, 2008 4:50 PM, Blogger Cardine said...

Sometimes when I read your blog I think that I should quit my job, move in with you, and have a new job of taste-testing your food. Sounds DE-licious!

 
At August 12, 2008 4:40 PM, Blogger banana said...

Or maybe I can move in with you and I can be your personal cook. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home