Thursday, July 20, 2006

No Bake Cookies

1 cup dry oatmeal
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup almond butter
1 tsp. cinnamin
1/2 cup raisins

In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, honey and almond butter. Mix with a spoon until combined. Add the oatmeal, cinnamin and raisins, stirring with a spoon until well mixed. With your (clean) hands, form the mixture into small balls with a diameter of about a quarter. Space the cookies on a plate or cookie sheet, cover with plastic wrap and chill at least one hour. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

Banana's Notes:
If you need to make your cookies stick together better, add more almond butter. The cinnamin is optional, but it gives it a good flavor. Noj really enjoyed these, and he doesn't even like cookies! Kids can help make these easy treats, as well.

8 Comments:

At July 21, 2006 2:05 PM, Blogger Cardine said...

Don't forget to add this to your index!

 
At July 21, 2006 10:34 PM, Blogger banana said...

Man, I can't miss anything with you, Cardine, reading my blog. Thanks for the reminder.

 
At July 24, 2006 4:12 PM, Blogger Cardine said...

I do my best! Tell me if I get annoying.

 
At July 24, 2006 8:20 PM, Blogger banana said...

No, no. You are very helpful.

Thanks

 
At August 02, 2006 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am making these cookies right now, Banana. The grocery store didn't have almond butter, so I'm trying it with cashew butter. I'll let you know how they turn out.

 
At August 06, 2006 8:05 PM, Blogger banana said...

I hope they worked out, cash. Did the cashew butter have a strong flavor?

 
At August 09, 2006 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cashew butter didn't have a strong flavor, but it worked pretty well. The cookies just ended up SOOOO gooey. I kept adding more cashew butter, but I think it just needed a little flour. Wendizzle didn't like them, but Peel really did.

 
At August 12, 2006 6:25 PM, Blogger banana said...

Cash,
Sorry to hear that they were so gooey. I would REDUCE the amount of almond butter you use next time, or add some more oats. Just some ideas. Sorry about the mix up, I never use measuring cups when I make a new recipe, so I have to estimate after I have sucess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home