Thursday, November 13, 2008

Beef Asparagus Casserole

1 lb. stewing beef, boiled until cooked
1 lb. asparagus
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 cup cooking oil (I used safflower)
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing (or your favorite italian)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp curry powder
2 slices bread
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Add a small amount of cooking oil to a fry pan and saute onions on medium heat until tender. In a small bowl, combine remaining oil, mayo, dressing, salt, garlic powder and curry powder. Trim asparagus (by removing the bottom part of the stem), snip in half and spread in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Add drained beef and onion. Pour mayo mixture over the casserole. Break bread into small pieces and spread over the top of the casserole. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Serve over rice.

Banana's Notes
This is a twist on my mom's classic chicken-broccoli casserole. Add more curry to your taste. Noj says the flavors are even better the next day for left-overs.

2 Comments:

At November 18, 2008 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds good, Banana. Earlier this week I made Chicken zucchini casserole based on Mom's old recipe. It turned out fine, but I still like it better with broccoli.

 
At November 20, 2008 1:31 PM, Blogger banana said...

I agree, Cash. It's just not the same. Noj can't eat broccoli, though, so we had to make at least one substitution.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home