BBQ Chicken
1 whole cut-up chicken
1 can tomato sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 T vinegar
2 T honey or your favorite jam
1 1/2 T butter
1 T catsup or bbq sauce
To make the sauce, combine all ingredients except chicken in a sauce pan on the stove. Heat, stirring occasionally until boiling.
Place chicken skin side down in a deep baking dish. Spoon half the sauce evenly over the chicken. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn chicken to skin side up and spoon the rest of the sauce evenly over the chicken. Bake another 45 minutes at 400 degrees, basting occasionally.
Bananas Notes
Make extra sauce if you like. Serve with cooked rice.
I used peach jam with this recipe once, and it turned out great.
If you are using boneless/skinless chicken, reduce cooking time (maybe as little as 50 minutes), but still turn half-way through and baste once or twice the last half.

3 Comments:
OK, Banana, I'm totally trying this one, because I know that Tino really likes BBQ chicken. I think I'll have to use honey, though, due to the sugar concerns. Check back with me to see how it turned out.
I made it once, and I had to add it to the 'make again' list. We used Corkey's BBQ sauce in it last time I made it. Hope you and Tino like it!
I made it last weekend and it was so tasty! I used honey and I used about 1/4 to 1/2 a Tbsp more butter. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and I cooked it 55 minutes in the oven. I think that was too much, though, because it was a hair dry and I think it may have been overcooked. But the sauce, mmm, Banana, that is some good barbecue flavor.
Post a Comment
<< Home