Friday, July 21, 2006

Garlic-Dill Popcorn

½ cup unpopped corn
¼ cup Sunflower Oil
½ tsp. Real Salt
¼ tsp. Dried Dill Weed
¼ tsp. Garlic Powder

Pop the corn in an air popper. Sprinkle the oil over the popcorn and stir to coat. Add remaining ingredients and mix until evenly seasoned.

Banana’s Notes:
I love making up popcorn recipes. I always air-pop my corn, but you could also pop in oil on the stove top. Just put enough oil in the bottom of the pan to coat the bottom, heat to medium temperature. Add enough corn kernals to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover, and put on the burner, constantly rotating the pan to not burn the kernals. Remove from heat when the popping begins to slow.

Noj and I never use butter anymore. Our substitutions are sunflower, safflower and olive oils. I use sunflower in this recipe because it has the most butter-like flavor for popcorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home